Low back pain can be very debilitating and painful. Small movements can leave a person in agony. Simple tasks that are performed on a daily basis like sitting on the dining table, eating, tying the shoes, bending to pick up something, walking up the steps and even lying down straight in bed can be extremely painful. It is not easy to live with pain each moment of the day. Can there be respite from pain with appropriate back massage therapy for chronic back pain relief? What are the reasons for back pain?
- As age increases, most of the people start suffering from stiffness and pain in the back.
- Sedentary living and working for hours in front of the computer leads to lower back pain.
- Heavier people suffer more because of the excess weight on their spine.
- Sportsmen and athletes often develop back pain because of muscular strain, physical labour and spasms. Many people end up disabled because of low back pain, and this needs to be treated the moment the pain starts.
- Muscle strain can cause severe back pain. This strain is common when a person lugs heavy weight around or falls down suddenly and leads to a severe lower back pain.
- The muscles surrounding the area may get pulled or torn and the inflammation needs to be reduced. Inflammation causes spasms and difficulty in any kind of movement
- Repetitive motions or overuse of muscular groups and lack of strength in muscles can cause severe back pain over a period of time.
- Sports injuries, accidents or muscular strain because of a particular jerk may be the main reason for back agony.
- Sometimes the range of motion gets restricted and this can be improved with the help of massages.
- The spine may develop osteoarthritis or joints may start to disintegrate because of medical conditions /age or cartilage between joints may break down and get inflamed. These conditions create extra friction because of contact between bones.
- Another reason for constant back pain is fibromyalgia. This medical condition can bring about a feeling of constant fatigue, pain and stiffness in the body along with tender spots.
The medical community believes that massages are beneficial in relieving the body from pain and induces relaxation.
- Relaxation is a must for the body to start healing from within and massage is a low risk and non-invasive treatment that has plenty of physical and psychological benefits.
- Blood circulation improves with massages and this makes sure that the tissues and muscles get adequate nutrition.
- Kneading and pressing the muscles helps in releasing the feel good hormones in the body called endorphins which help reduce chronic back pain.
- Sports activities can lead to soft tissue injuries and muscle soreness. Kneading, pressing and patting of the muscles helps in muscular recovery. Treating agitated muscles of the back helps reduce back pain .
- When muscles are tight sleep becomes impossible and the body gets tense and stiff. The best way to improve sleep, reduce strained backs and increase flexibility of the body is to get a relaxing and soothing massage.
- Reduction in muscular tension also reduces anxiety and depression which also bring about back pain.